TN Elections and Sibi's Birthday..

It’s been a long holiday at Madurai. The only regret is that I didn't get to see Meenakshi this time. The day we went to the temple, the temple was closed for the 'Ther thiruvizha'. Other than that one note, everything was perfect and I get to vote for the first time and what fun it was. The booth was not crowded and there was free auto service available from parties to go to the booth and back, all of them smooth-talking and asking you to vote for their symbol and the voting process was simple and easy. The results are out now and I am happy that I took the time to go and vote.

And Sibi had his 4th birthday party on the 10th. It was not a very grand affair but just his cousins and my cousins and for a whole day, he had lots of fun. He got gifts, cut a big cake, blew candles, ran around non-stop the whole day with his cousins, Jeysri organized a few games for the kids and Sibi was happy. That’s all that’s there to it. When I used to be in high school, I used to think that birthday celebrations are too individualistic and in a country with 700 million poor people, it has no place. Well, I've changed my opinion after seeing so much of happiness in Sibi's face.

Madurai is in the middle of the Chithirai festival and Azhagar is coming to town and gets into the river tomorrow. I wish I was around to see that. But then, there is always a next year.

No comments:

கீழடி அருங்காட்சியகம்.

உலகம் முழுவதும் இருக்கும் பல அருங்காட்சியகங்களுக்கு சென்றிருக்கிறேன். நியூ யார்க், கத்தார், துபாய், வாஷிங்டன், லாஸ் ஏஞ்சல்ஸ் போன்ற நகரங்களின...