Reading Challenge Reviews by Vanathy

Vanathy participated in the 'Big Friendly Read" reading challenge conducted by the British Council Library. The challenge is to read at least 6 books and write reviews for all of them. She finished reading 7 and wrote reviews for 6 of them. The reviews were evaluated and her reviews got a perfect 30 out of 30 and the trainer wrote "Amazing writing! Loved it!". She has her own Goodreads account and regularly writes her reviews there. So, here are those 6 reviews she wrote for the challenge.


The Baking Life of Amelie DayThe Baking Life of Amelie Day by Vanessa Curtis
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

It is about a girl who loves baking just like me.it was a really nice book but I felt sorry for Amelie. She was really lucky to have a chance to go to the quarter finals of the Britain’s best teen baker contest. The book had its ups and downs, but overall, it was a great book. When I got to the part where Amelie’s mom got the phone call from the judges of the Britain’s best teen baker contest saying that Amelie was qualified for the semifinals, I was happy that everything ended well for Amelie.

I really loved the book , cause it teaches people not to give up on your dreams. but I felt really sorry for Amelie when she lost her medical bag.

P.s: I think the recipes were a nice touch. They helped me bake new cupcakes and muffins.

Dream On, AmberDream On, Amber by Emma Shevah
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

It taught me to stand up to bullies even when I knew she could squash me like a bug. I liked the part where Ambra (amber) won the art competition. I felt sad when she saw the little kid play with her father when she had no father to play with. I hoped in the end that amber’s father would come back and say he was sorry for leaving so unexpectedly, but it did end well even though what I thought didn’t happen. It felt heartwarming when amber’s teacher hugged her to congratulate her.

Dara Palmer's Major DramaDara Palmer's Major Drama by Emma Shevah
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

I felt a bit sad when I got to the part where it said Dara was left on a temple step. I thought Dara palmer’s major drama was not a good book at all. After reading dream on, amber! , I thought Dara palmer’s major drama would be nice too. But it didn’t quiet live up to my expectations. I would not recommend this book to anyone. I felt that Dara was bragging when she said she was good at making faces, so when she didn’t get picked for the play, I thought that she deserved it.
P.s: I was glad that the book didn’t end like most books, where the lead actress can’t sing or dance at the day of the play or show, and they are replaced by the people we read about.


Elspeth Hart and the School for Show-OffsElspeth Hart and the School for Show-Offs by Sarah Forbes
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

It was the most disgusting book I have ever read. I mean, nose hairs in stews? Come on! I felt happy that in the end, Elspeth was reunited with her family. I was sad when I read the part where Elspeth had to sweep up rat accidents. I also felt sorry for the students who ate rat tails thinking they were mashed potatoes. But anyway, the book was a great book and I would recommend it to anyone. All was not well but ended well for Elspeth hart.

The Parent ProblemThe Parent Problem by Anna Wilson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

It showed me that boys can be all nice on the outside, but inside, they were monsters. I think that Skye’s life could not get any more mortifying. I think that the voldermont twins were bullying Skye way too much. I felt most sorry for her when her skirt fell down and somebody caught her on tape. I also found out it was Skye’s ‘best friend’ was the traitor who caught Skye falling into the toilet. But I was happy to find out that in the end everything was sorted out.

The Silly Book of Weird and Wacky WordsThe Silly Book of Weird and Wacky Words by Andy Seed
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

It had many fascinating games and fantaboulous facts. Even though there were some jokes that I did not understand, I enjoyed it thoroughly. I told the jokes and games to my brother and he also agreed that they were awesome. The silly book of weird and wacky words was amazing and I expect to read more Andy seed books in the future.

View all my reviews

No comments:

கீழடி அருங்காட்சியகம்.

உலகம் முழுவதும் இருக்கும் பல அருங்காட்சியகங்களுக்கு சென்றிருக்கிறேன். நியூ யார்க், கத்தார், துபாய், வாஷிங்டன், லாஸ் ஏஞ்சல்ஸ் போன்ற நகரங்களின...